Everyone–and I mean everyone–in epistemology wants to defeat the Global Skeptic. Drawing upon Existentialism, I shall argue the way to defeat the Global Skeptic and to make sense of Moore’s assertion, “Here is one hand and here is another,” is to take personal cognitive steps.
Most people, when confronted with the Global Skeptic Hypothesis, puzzle over it. Some try, as they are want to do, to argue with it.
In the following steps, you can stop–fully stop–being a Global Skeptic.
- Acknowledge that Skepticism cannot be defeated.
- See Skepticism as a psychological condition, not a philosophical one.
- Apply strategies, such as the Psychological-Social-Biological Model of wellness to oneself.
- Familiarize yourself with Cognitive Biases.
- Do the actual work with a counselor or therapist.
- Wake up, one day, no longer a Skeptic.