It all started when I did a brief stint at a local law firm. It was the first time I worked with mostly women. It was a culture shock for me. All the women I worked with happened to be single. Like my silly (and somehwat crazy, at the time, self), I told them: Girl, you need a date!
I encouraged them to get on dating sites. Some chose POF. Some chose Christian Mingle.
These women? They thought they would be alone forever. They thought they were “too old” and “not datable.”
Not true! I told them.
Turns out, they all did get dates. They recounted a few of them to me. They weren’t all great, but they weren’t all bad, either. They each attracted very “attractive” men.
Dating tips for “older women?” Take the advice you give your daughters:
- Let someone know where you are going to be and, if possible, who you will be with.
- Meet your date at a safe, public location.
- Aim small. Go for coffee, so as not to be dazzled by extravagance.
- In fact, try not to eat at all. Go for a drink. You want to know the person, not the food or false displays they may be sending.
- Try not to take a very long time. Keep your date at an hour and a half at most.
- Report back to someone so they know you are safe.