SELECT COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Active in securing funding for the alternative school Teen Parent East (now The Chiles Academy) in Port Orange, Florida, a school for pregnant and parenting teens. Activities included meeting with the Volusia County School Board, appearing on local news stations and meeting with local political officials to discuss the unique needs of parenting and pregnant teens and their children. 1994-1998.
- Met with former governor Lawton Chiles in Daytona Beach, Florida to discuss the needs of at-risk children, families and women, to ensure the continuance of and increase in governmental funding of relevant programs. 1994.
- Met with former First Lady and current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Tallahassee, Florida to advocate for the needs of at-risk children and women. 1997.
- In conjunction with Healthy Start Florida, met with former governor Lawton Chiles in Tallahassee, Florida to discuss the needs of at-risk pregnant women and infants and secure funding of needed programs. 1997.
- Met with former governor Jeb Bush in Daytona Beach, Florida to discuss the needs of pregnant and parenting teens and at-risk populations to secure funding of relevant programs. 1998.
- Active in the transition of Teen Parent East from being a public school to becoming a public charter school; wrote op-eds for local newspapers on the transition, met with the executive director of Teen Parent East (The Chiles Academy) to discuss the transition. 2002.