University of North Florida, Master’s Coursework, Practical Philosophy and Applied Ethics (GPA: 4.0, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi). (Not matriculated).
Graduate Courses and Reading Groups:
- Ethics [Callcut] Grade: A
- Methods in Applied Ethics [Haney] Grade: A
- Philosophy of Language [Koegler] Grade: A
- Contemporary Political Philosophy [Buchwalter] Grade: A
- Practical Philosophy in Culture and Society [Koegler] Grade: A
- Theory and Anti-Theory in Ethics [Haney] Grade: A
- Lies and Self-Deception (Action Theory/Moral Psychology) [Vitz] Grade: A
- Mathematical Logic [Reading Group]
- Philosophy of Language/Wittgenstein [Reading Group]
- Readings for Master’s Thesis [Callcut] Grade: A
- Virtue and Vice (Virtue Ethics/Moral Psychology) [Callcut]Grade: A
- Thesis[Callcut, Haney, Vitz] Grade: A
Stetson University, BA, Philosophy and Psychology. (2004).
“Poems on My Way to Forty.” 2019.
“Night Rain.” 2019.
Editorial Committee: Editorial Committee position for Al-Mukhatabat Journal, and international, trilingual philosophy journal. July, 2015-2017.
Beta Tester: Test new features for PhilPapers, an open access database of academic philosophical scholarly research. Oct 15, 2010.
Invited Lecturer: “New Frontiers for Indigenous Rights.” Invited lecture for an Honors Global Justice class at Stetson University on the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Guest speaker at Stetson’s Philosophy Club on political philosophy and indigenous issues. Spring, 2009.
Credited In Sequoyah Rising by Steve Russell. Spring, 2008.
Referee: Conference referee for the Northeast Florida Student Philosophy Conference. Fall, 2008.
Guest Lecturer: Guest lecturer for Reasoning and Critical Thinking on Confirmation Bias. University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, 2008.
Guest Lecturer: Guest lecturer for Reasoning and Critical Thinking on Informal
Fallacies. University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, 2008.
Co-Editor and Contributor: Co-editor and contributor for the Florida Student Philosophy Blog, an electronic resource for philosophy undergraduate and graduate students hosted by the University of North Florida’s Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, 2006-2010.
Workshop Co-Developer: Developed a workshop on the topics of governmental integrity and transitional justice, Spring 2007.
Guest Lecturer: “Martha Nussbaum’s Capability Approach and the Colonization of American Indians.” Lecture delivered to students in Feminist Ethics (Upper-level undergraduate philosophy course). Stetson University, DeLand, Florida, 2004.
Guest Speaker: “Questioning the Metanarratives: An Explanation of Postmodernism with Emphasis on Social and Cultural Movements.” The Chiles Academy, Port Orange, Florida, 2004.
Guest Motivational Speaker: “High School and Beyond.” Presentation delivered to middle and high school students at risk for dropping out of school. The Chiles Academy, Port Orange, Florida, 2004.
- RA for the book Reading Bernard Williams (Routledge Press). 2008-2009.
- TA for Introduction to Philosophy. Taught over 100 students per semester. 2006-2008.
Activism and Advocacy Highlights
- Organized large, peaceful rally in Orlando, Florida for DACA recipients. Rally was televised across the state of Florida.
- Was active in The protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline. Activities included writing an op-ed for the Daytona Beach News Journal and writing a letter to President Obama. President Obama replied to my letter.
Attendee: Graduate Educational Development Series (2006-2008)
Attendee: Annual Florida Philosophical Association Conference (2004-2008)